[META FORK] Diversity or Desolation? Why Fork is more human than human.

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 16:19:41 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Dan Brickley wrote:

--]Maybe it's time for FoRK to grow up and fall apart... Maybe tech was the
--]only thing we had in common, and it's too late to undo things now our ugly
--]differences are out in the open?
--]

Yes, lets all run and hide from the fact we have emotions, feelings,
divergant mindsets. Let us run away and hide in some bland homoginization
of a limited scope viewpoint. Let us shun all that is differnt. Let us
embrace the sameness and focus our whole hearts on being as one.

Maybe its time for FORK to grow up and learn to live with each others
differnces and uniquness. Maybe its time also to realize that there will
always be a faction who will seek to live by more Fundemental views of the
world, to lessen the scope and force that lessening on the whole.

Maybe I am just some spelling challanged boob without 8 degrees or
speaking  credits form a dozen conferences. Maybe Im just really that damn
good at filtering email, knowing that I dont need to read every post that
comes my way or have total control of all aspects of the group gestalt.

Maybe , just maybe, folks will opt to be fully themeselves togther rather
than snivling pale faced short sighted fundementalists with self imposed
blinders to sheild them from emotion, diverstity and humanity.

Maybe.

-tomwsmf