S & A in progress i.e., people burning alive right now, people being crushed to death right now

johnhall johnhall@isomedia.com
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 13:41:28 -0800

> From: Dan Brickley [mailto:daniel.brickley@bristol.ac.uk]

> I don't want
> to hang out here and geek about computers with people who think the
> Iraq slaughter is a good thing, that 'our troups' are fighting for
> freedom, that this is a War of liberation fought for pure-hearted
reasons.

(1) Attacking Iraq is a wonderful thing.  Calling it a slaughter means
you aren't paying attention.
(2) We are fighting for freedom.  Thanks for the help of the British,
and for the rest of Europe protesting in their native languages instead
of German or Russian 'you are welcome'.
(3) It is a war of liberation.  It isn't required that there be only
_one_ reason for doing something.