S & A in progress i.e., people burning alive right now, people being crushed to death right now

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh rishab@dxm.org
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 23:42:40 +0000

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 09:44:03PM +0100, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> I sincerely wish the same good thing upon you. There's some faint hope it
> could happen, but I'm not holding my breath.
> How does it feel to be evil, John? Does it give you a warm green glow
> inside?

amen.

on a tangentially related note: i heard a rumour that there is only one
congressman with a child in the armed forces stationed in the gulf. any
better data? it is so easy to wish violent "liberation" upon others, and
volunteer  others' lives as the "liberators".

on the other hand, it may well be true that fewer civilians will die in this
operation than at the hand of saddam. iraqi acquaintances here are ambiguous;
they don't care for america, think bush is an arrogant idiot and are
pessimistic about the outcome of the "liberation", but generally think anything
is likely to be better than saddam, so they just pray the war will be short.

-rishab