An ex-Saddam shield speaks ...

johnhall johnhall@isomedia.com
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 18:10:34 -0800

http://www.washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20030321-023627-5923r.htm

A group of American anti-war demonstrators who came to Iraq with
Japanese human shield volunteers made it across the border today with 14
hours of uncensored video, all shot without Iraqi government minders
present. Kenneth Joseph, a young American pastor with the Assyrian
Church of the East, told UPI the trip "had shocked me back to reality."
Some of the Iraqis he interviewed on camera "told me they would commit
suicide if American bombing didn't start. They were willing to see their
homes demolished to gain their freedom from Saddam's bloody tyranny.
They convinced me that Saddam was a monster the likes of which the world
had not seen since Stalin and Hitler. He and his sons are sick sadists.
Their tales of slow torture and killing made me ill, such as people put
in a huge shredder for plastic products, feet first so they could hear
their screams as bodies got chewed up from foot to head."

But the good 'moral' sophisticates who complain about Manichean beliefs
in good and evil are sickened by an effort to liberate people from this
terror.

Arguing against the war to liberate _IS_ arguing for the continued
presence of Saddam and all that implies.

You can call that the moral position if you want to.  It looks like
plain old evil to me.