[SPORK] Was Colonialism good or bad for the world? (was: Q: Was British rule bad or good for India? and before that: The rhetoric of liberation...)

johnhall johnhall@isomedia.com
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 21:16:58 -0800

The US, Canada, and Australia are not as successful as Japan?

Granted Canada and Australia don't have Japan's population, but is that
the appropriate measure?

The US didn't have the ability to colonize Japan.  There were too many
people there and they didn't have the same kind of divisions the British
exploited in India.

Hokkun