S & A in progress i.e., people burning alive right now, people being crushed to death right now

johnhall johnhall@isomedia.com
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 23:14:25 -0800

> From: Jeff Bone [mailto:jbone@deepfile.com]

> > glow
> >
> > It feels wonderful to be on the side of the angels.
>
> The fallen ones, you self-righteous tool.

Nope.  No flames, just halos and harps.  In fact the flames seem
restricted to your friends in Bagdhad.

But then I don't believe that saving an old woman's life by pushing her
out of the way of a bus is morally indistinguishable from killing her by
pushing her in to the path of a bus.

Some things are Evil.  Holocaust -- Evil.  Communism -- Evil.
Palestinian homicide bombers -- Evil.  Saddam -- Evil.

Stopping such horrors is a good thing.

The normal estimate is that about 5,000 extra civilian deaths have been
caused in the failed effort to disarm Saddam _each_month_.  And _this_
is what you defend, month after month.  Along, of course, with all the
other well publicized horrors here.

In contrast, all that will soon be over at an exceptionally small cost
in lives.

So tell me again how wonderful you feel celebrating Saddam's right to
continue brutalizing his people.  That _is_ what you have been
supporting, leaving the man in place.

Luckily, morally serious people are going to end this horror.  Saddam is
history and that is a good thing.