"[Bush's] inarticulateness has become .. a national security threat for the US"

Russell Turpin deafbox@hotmail.com
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 15:43:48 +0000

"In my interpretation, the basic thing that the
United States wants to do -- overthrow Saddam
and get rid of his weapons -- is sharply in the
interest of almost everybody all over the world.
And although the U.S. is proposing to act in the
interest of the world, Bush has managed to
terrify the entire world and to turn the world
against him and us and to make our situation
infinitely more dangerous than it otherwise
would have been. It's a display of diplomatic
and political incompetence on a colossal scale.
We're going to pay for this."

The full interview is in Salon. I thought it
relevant to the current debate between Hall
and Bone. You'll have to click through an ad,
but they've made it pretty easy:

http://www.salon.com/books/int/2003/03/22/berman/