[SPORK] Something I REALLY want John Hall to Try To Understand

Jeff Bone jbone@deepfile.com
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 10:24:27 -0600

On Saturday, Mar 22, 2003, at 10:18 US/Central, Michael Cummins wrote:

> << SNIP from Jeff Bone >>
>
>> Doing the "RIGHT" thing the "WRONG" way is still
>> "WRONG."  The end does not justify the means ---
>> something most of us learned in elementary
>> school but which, apparently, many of us have forgotten.
>
> I have to say that I agree with you in a vacuum, but when the expense
> of my moral superiority is counted in the coin of human lives, my
> moral superiority leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

No obligation.

Inaction does not put the responsibility for Saddam's atrocities in our
laps.  If you believe otherwise, then we must also be to blame for
*everything* evil in the world.

You can sign up for that.  I do not.

jb