"[Bush's] inarticulateness has become .. a national security threat for the US"

Jeff Bone jbone@deepfile.com
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 12:35:08 -0600

On Saturday, Mar 22, 2003, at 13:02 US/Central, geege wrote:

> businessmen DON'T make the best leaders, especially if their yardstick
> for
> success is dominance.  we're not talking market share all the time
> now, are
> we?

One nit, Geege.  This is a particularly poor and suspect
generalization.  It doesn't stand to reason that a background in
business necessarily disqualifies or even bodes ill for one's abilities
to lead in non-business endeavors.

Let's be careful to separate concerns, 'k?  It's tough, I'm having a
tough time of it myself --- things are quite ideologically /
pragmatically / causally messy these days.  Particularly, let's (those
of us opposed to the way things are playing out) not play into the
false dichotomy of "liberal / conservative", "loopy peacenik / rabid
hawk", "anti-corporate / corporate", etc.

jb