"[Bush's] inarticulateness has become .. a national security threat for the US"

geege geege@barrera.org
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 13:41:07 -0800

off to the vinoy - don't bother me!!!!

8-)

-----Original Message-----
From: fork-admin@xent.com [mailto:fork-admin@xent.com]On Behalf Of Jeff
Bone
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2003 10:35 AM
To: geege
Cc: Russell Turpin; fork@xent.com
Subject: Re: "[Bush's] inarticulateness has become .. a national
security threat for the US"

On Saturday, Mar 22, 2003, at 13:02 US/Central, geege wrote:

> businessmen DON'T make the best leaders, especially if their yardstick
> for
> success is dominance.  we're not talking market share all the time
> now, are
> we?

One nit, Geege.  This is a particularly poor and suspect
generalization.  It doesn't stand to reason that a background in
business necessarily disqualifies or even bodes ill for one's abilities
to lead in non-business endeavors.

Let's be careful to separate concerns, 'k?  It's tough, I'm having a
tough time of it myself --- things are quite ideologically /
pragmatically / causally messy these days.  Particularly, let's (those
of us opposed to the way things are playing out) not play into the
false dichotomy of "liberal / conservative", "loopy peacenik / rabid
hawk", "anti-corporate / corporate", etc.

jb