"[Bush's] inarticulateness has become .. a national security threat for the US"

James Rogers jamesr@best.com
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 10:46:40 -0800

On 3/22/03 7:43 AM, "Russell Turpin" <deafbox@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "In my interpretation, the basic thing that the
> United States wants to do -- overthrow Saddam
> and get rid of his weapons -- is sharply in the
> interest of almost everybody all over the world.
> And although the U.S. is proposing to act in the
> interest of the world, Bush has managed to
> terrify the entire world and to turn the world
> against him and us and to make our situation
> infinitely more dangerous than it otherwise
> would have been. It's a display of diplomatic
> and political incompetence on a colossal scale.
> We're going to pay for this."

That is just about the best summary of the situation that I've heard yet.  I
could subscribe to this view, but I don't see it being appropriately
expressed in too many places.

Cheers,

-James Rogers
 jamesr@best.com