FW: S & A in progress i.e., people burning alive right now, people being crushed to death right now

johnhall johnhall@isomedia.com
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 11:24:40 -0800

> From: fork-admin@xent.com [mailto:fork-admin@xent.com] On Behalf Of
Jeff
> Bone

> On Saturday, Mar 22, 2003, at 13:02 US/Central, geege wrote:
>
> > the view from john's moral high horse.
>
> Fucking hypocritical.

No, amazingly consistent.  But your sudden veneration of the UN is
hypocritical.  Or did you also opposed Kosovo?

> Africa, Iraq, and the NK yes --- because we have "national interests."

Hmmm, you should read a bit better.  Iraq yes, Africa no, NK the price
is too high.

> Kosovo no, because of lack of national interests.
>
> Whatever.

Kosovo looks great in the rearview mirror.  But I'm trying to be
consistent in applying these rules beforehand.

The National Interest was almost non-existent.  To the extent it existed
at all it was once again saving the French from their own ineptitude.

The real kicker, though, was that the cost turned out to be only a
fraction of what I thought it would be.  I didn't know just how far the
American military had come from what they had in the Gulf War.

===> Now if you want an example of something so extreme that I wouldn't
care about the lack of national interests you would look at Rawanda.
The problem there is that Rawanda happened very fast.  Any hope
something could be done was squashed by Kofi (before he became UN
president).

> John, you flunked moral calculus, you idiot.  Are "the angels" whose
> side your on Americans?

I passed it with flying colors.  Helping the oppressed does not require
suicide.

And yes, many of them are Americans.