"[Bush's] inarticulateness has become .. a national securitythreat for the US"

johnhall johnhall@isomedia.com
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 12:31:45 -0800

Note that our allies are violently opposed to the best reason for
destroying SH: regime change.  Canada, France, Russia, and China made
that quite clear.

So we aimed our rhetorical guns at things they _claimed_ to hold dear:
the moral legitimacy of the UN.

It isn't clear that we would have gotten more points by emphasizing
regime change at the start.

China, in particular, is very nervous about the concept of regime
change.