"[Bush's] inarticulateness has become .. a national securitythreat for the US"

Russell Turpin deafbox@hotmail.com
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 21:16:04 +0000

John Hall:
>Note that our allies are violently opposed to the best reason for
>destroying SH: regime change. Canada, France, Russia, and China made
>that quite clear. So we aimed our rhetorical
>guns at things they _claimed_ to hold dear:
>the moral legitimacy of the UN. It isn't clear that we would have gotten
>more points by emphasizing regime change at the start.

Are you arguing that Bush got more points by
prevaricating about his goal? And let's be
clear that regime change is a goal, not a reason.
Bush's reasons for wanting that are not so clear.
And yes, they matter. They are what should have
been made the focus of his diplomacy leading up
to the war.