S & A in progress i.e., people burning alive right now, people being crushed to death right now

James Rogers jamesr@best.com
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 19:26:11 -0800

On 3/22/03 12:40 PM, "JS Kelly" <jskelly@jskelly.com> wrote:

> and the "good cause" was, precisely... what, in vietnam?

There was a huge opportunity to do a great deal of good in that part of the
world during that time, and to greatly alter the fortunes of that region.
Unfortunately, the politicians wasted any value that the US could have given
the region.

American involvement was essentially a footnote in that conflict; only
Hollywood thinks it had anything to do with the US or that we were the
center of attention.  It didn't have to be, but it was and that is what
makes it a lost opportunity.

Americans have done FAR more damage internationally through waffling and
half-assed execution than we ever have through decisive action of any type
for any reason.

Point of Curiosity:  I just heard from what is essentially a first-hand
source that the Vietnamese government is paying people 10-lb bags of rice
for attending anti-war/anti-Bush protests.  Not surprising though.  Iraq is
the single biggest importer of Vietnamese rice, and one of their most
important trade partners.  If you can't sell it to Iraq, I guess you might
as well give it to protestors.

-James Rogers
 jamesr@best.com