S & A in progress i.e., people burning alive right now, people being crushed to death right now

JS Kelly jskelly@jskelly.com
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 22:08:02 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003, James Rogers wrote:

> This is a double-edged sword for sure.  With a person like this in office,
> the odds of having one of your oxen gored goes up significantly no matter
> who you are.

what does that even mean?

 The argument boils down to whether you want a government that
> actually fully executes its issue du jour or merely makes noise and then
> sweeps it under the rug (the same money being spent either way in most
> cases).  Bush has certainly managed to mangle certain issues dear to my
> heart, but for the same reasons I expect him to follow through on the Iraq
> issue.

so to what extent should he "follow through" and you would consider that
he did everything he set out to do? what are the goals of this war,
anyway? kill saddam? kill saddam and stick around to rebuild? kill saddam
and occupy iraq (for how long) to promote "stability in the region"? all
of the above -and- install a puppet regime? or all of the above and
introduce true democracy? or what?

> Hell, I think half the reason people fear him is that he *is* a politician
> that actually executes on his belief rather than the usual grandstanding.

um, which belief is it that he is executing on right now?

-jsk