S & A in progress i.e., people burning alive right now, people being crushed to death right now

johnhall johnhall@isomedia.com
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 23:49:23 -0800

> From: fork-admin@xent.com [mailto:fork-admin@xent.com] On Behalf Of JS
> Kelly

> On Sat, 22 Mar 2003, James Rogers wrote:
>

> > This is a double-edged sword for sure.  With a person like this in
> office,
> > the odds of having one of your oxen gored goes up significantly no
> matter
> > who you are.
>
> what does that even mean?

James comment was quite clear, what part are you having trouble with?

A competent government that gets things done is likely to get some
things done you don't like no matter who you are.

> > Hell, I think half the reason people fear him is that he *is* a
> politician
> > that actually executes on his belief rather than the usual
> grandstanding.
>
> um, which belief is it that he is executing on right now?

Saddam is a threat to the world and must go.

The war on terror leads through the middle of Baghdad.

Demonstrating that the US can "fight like a real son of a bitch"[*] and
will _DO_ so for its interests will positively influence the Mideast
cesspool.

[*] Those words were chosen with care.  I believe you will find those
exact words of advice for America at the end of Friedman's "From Beirut
to Jerusalem".