[SPORK, XORK, S/TORK] Astronomical Waste, or, Keep Your Eyes On The Prize

Jeff Bone jbone@deepfile.com
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 09:56:13 -0600

On Saturday, Mar 22, 2003, at 19:59 US/Central, Bill Humphries wrote:

>> So I'll suggest that it may be fruitful for John and Jeff to engage
>> over the question of is Saddam is an existential risk as defined >
>> below.

I'll pre-emptively offer:  no, I don't think Saddam is an existential
risk.  OTOH, I think WWIII is a huge existential risk, and I think our
actions (the war and the way we got here) are likelier to spark it than
simply leaving Saddam in place a bit longer while we built our case.

jb