"[Bush's] inarticulateness has become .. a national securitythreat for theUS"

Jeff Bone jbone@deepfile.com
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 14:14:21 -0600

On Sunday, Mar 23, 2003, at 11:52 US/Central, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:

> I just was poking fun at the people that
> were saying that this one little diplomatic
> mis-step was going to lead to a century
> of US hatred.

"One little diplomatic mis-step" may have undermined the entire notion
of diplomatic / generally non-coercive / international consensus-driven
relations between the nations of the world.  We've simultaneously
obsoleted the UNSC, possibly the UN itself, the notion that might does
not make right, and indeed put in place a totally insane policy of
pre-emption of potential future threats through military action.

What happens if that "one little diplomatic mis-step" causes other
nations to adopt that same doctrine, and they decide - perhaps with
more international consensus than we've got now - that the U.S. WMD
capabilities represent a potential future threat to any / many / all
other nations?

> There's still 5 other generations
> this century that the majority of them
> won't even remember we had a war by 2100. There's
> still about 96-1/2 years left to draw a conclusion.

That depends on the consequences of the above, doesn't it?

I HOPE that I'm wrong about all this, but I fear that the hawks have
not thought through the long-term potential consequences.

jb