"[Bush's] inarticulateness has become .. a national securitythreat for theUS"

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 21:03:43 -0800

> On Sun, 23 Mar 2003, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:
>
> > The point being, I can think of far worse
> > diplomatic failures that have had no lasting
> > consequence.
>
> OK, i'm game. please name some of them.

Haiti, Cuba, Somalia, Korea, Rwanda.  Hell that's
five and I haven't even resorted to Google yet.  You
can be argumentative and we can get into a war
of facts, but I think the real point is, **history
is written by the winners**.   Diplomatic failures
don't stand out as much when they can be overshadowed.

Thomas Harris said it best, you can get away with
lots of little farts in a room where there's one
big one with someone obvious to blame.

Greg