[SPORK] Gordon, please help us out, here...

Jeff Bone jbone@deepfile.com
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 23:58:14 -0600

On Sunday, Mar 23, 2003, at 22:23 US/Central, Gordon Mohr wrote:

>> What exactly is your position on the current situation?  Particularly:
>
> On the one hand, why does my position matter?

Curious (a) what it is, and (b) whether you'll go on record, rather
than just opportunistically scoring "debate tokens." ;-)

> So anyone who believes Gulf War I was legitimate should find the
> current conflict legitimate as well.

Not wanting to debate you, but I respectfully disagree.  I, for
example, supported Gulf War '91, but oppose this one.  The differences
are quite clear, at least to me:  we were countering an act of invasion
in '91, in part at the request of the victim nation and its neighbors.
Here we are initiating an act of invasion despite the request of the
victim nation (duh!) and its neighbors.  Then we had a real coalition
and broad international support.  Here we have a sham coalition (we're
supplying almost all the men and material) and weak international
support (3 of every 4 nations in the world representing 4 out of every
5 people in the world oppose our current action.)  Etc.

---

Still not sure you addressed most of those questions, but I tried.

jb