"[Bush's] inarticulateness has become .. a national securitythreat for theUS"

JS Kelly jskelly@jskelly.com
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 22:28:20 -0800 (PST)

no lasting consequence?

oh, i see -- you don't mean, no lasting consequence to the people who
actually live in those countries. you mean, no lasting consequence to us.
well, that too remains to be seen.

glad you included cuba. maybe we have forgotten about cuba, but cuba
hasn't forgotten about us:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,908453,00.html

to quote the article:

"That is what we are: dark corners of the world. That is the perception
some have of the third world nations. Never before had anyone offered a
better definition; no one had shown such contempt. The former colonies of
powers that divided the world among them and plundered it for centuries
today make up the group of underdeveloped countries."

executive summary for those who are afraid to read an opinion from someone
with a different world view than they have: castro concludes with this
sentence: "Our most sacred duty is to fight, and fight we will."

note, however, that he advocates fighting us by "sowing ideas, building
awareness and mobilising global and North American public opinion."

ya, i wish my president knew how to fight like that. the dark corners of
the world don't concern us in the least. til less-talk more-action
terrorists who grew up in them attack us one day.

somalia is probably the most likely of the five to contribute to that kind
of thing right now. unless by 'korea' you mean both north and south korea
-- in which case, well -- i guess that we all know what's going on in
north korea right now. but it's of no lasting consequence.

-jsk