[SPORK] Gordon, please help us out, here...

JS Kelly jskelly@jskelly.com
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 23:16:31 -0800 (PST)

interestingly, using gordon's (and w's) logic -- we would seem to be in
afghanistan illegally.

if the logic of "that which has not been officially nullified is
legitimate" holds true

then the 1988 geneva accords -- which i don't think have ever been
nullified -- explicitly state that the US is not allowed to interfere in
afghanistan's internal affairs (and neither is the USSR).

we legitimize our actions in afghanistan on the basis of un resolution
1368. but all that it says is that terrorists and sponsors of terrorism
"will be held accountable." not how, and not by whom.

-jsk