"[Bush's] inarticulateness has become .. a national securitythreat for theUS"

Mon, 24 Mar 2003 06:52:01 -0800

Jeff Bone wrote:

> Worse diplomatic failures than starting the most unpopular war in
> history?  This thing hadn't even started when there was an
> unprecedented level of protesting WORLDWIDE.
>
> I'm all ears, what ranks up there as a worse diplomatic failure?

Jeff, you missed the key part of the phrase.
"No lasting effect."  That means that at the
time they were hailed as horrible diplomatic
failures, but in the end were little more
than blips.   "Most unpopular war in history"?
That's an exaggeration by any means.  Unpopular
for whom?

Greg