Skinny Puppy lyrics

Joseph S Barrera III joe@barrera.org
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:31:22 -0800

I've been listening to this since it came out in 1988.
I must say it's shaped my views somewhat.
If you're not familiar with Skinny Puppy, they are
an industrial group (one of the original) with very
dark sounds and lyrics.

http://www.monmouth.com/~sgoldberg/songs/vxgas.htm

VX Gas Attack
Lyrics:

[ Welcome to the morning news.  In its long and deadly war with Iraq,
Iran has repeatedly sought international condemnation of Baghdad's
alledged use of chemical weapons.  The Iranians have ??? the
opportunity to make their case.  A city in eastern Iraq, recently
occupied by Iranian forces, (?captured ??? by the siege?), according
to Iran, the Iraqis bombed the city with chemical weapons.  After the
defeat the Iranians said the attack killed more than four thousand
civilians. ] Welcome to the VX Gas Attack.

at ground zero pro independence heavier than air fumes city of
chemical alleged cyanide gas on to karbala what is the difference
between israel's plight a belief in outside influence like scalding
water a side effect of their faces and lungs burn a sudden harsh smell
2 weeks after still coughing and choking livid skin blisters burn
often posters leaflets nightly radio and television programs dead
instructions in the use of such basic devices as a damp tovel lined
with charcoal to be applied to the face and mouth when the beep beep
beep gas attack warning signal sounds the dead were among porcelain
face of cloud of frozen gas poison jagged fragment jew iranian iraqi
bombs sun the first cyanide gas warning vx nerve gas

<i>
(1:41) Saddam ??? believe this. There are limits to our patience
(1:59) Never remember the hundreds of possilbe thousands of victims of
one of the worst chemical warfare attacks since world war I
(2:11) We have the technology to produce chemical weapons. We will not
remain idle forever.
We have the technology to produce chemical weapons. We will not remain
idle forever.
(3:02) They can understand the governments message. In a shop in a
working class district one day last week one man demonstrated the idea
of a chemical warfare protector by putting a plastic shopping bag over
his head.
(3:38) ??? husband and parents ??? believed dead ??? brought to a
stange land ??? understand ??? sudden sound ??? discover (long portion
i can't make out)
(4:09) We're analyzing water, soil, and human tissue samples to get
clearer information about the gas attack. Meanwhile, doctors monitor
bone marrow damage.
(4:40) Meanwhile back on the west bank, we are frightened, so
frightened, revere the red, green, white, black colors of the flag
tied to the mosque in the ??? we have cause to be enraptured turns
irrational thunder ??? reacts to it very stifly his body is ??? anger
??? fracture ??? red fire ??? says someone came in a car with an uzi
and killed his friend in a grave down the crossroads by the mosque.
The friend of the dead man promises he will never forget.
</i>

Official lyrics as printed in VIVIsectVI except those in italics,
which are transcribed by Corey.
Some of the italicized lyrics run concurrently with the printed ones,
so for convenience they have approximate times marked.

Appeared On:

VIVIsectVI as "VX Gas Attack" (5:36)
--
Seems like another day I could fly