Skinny Puppy lyrics

Andy Armstrong andy@tagish.com
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:57:57 +0000

Joseph S Barrera III wrote:
> Andy Armstrong wrote:
>
>> Joseph S Barrera III wrote:
>>
>>> If you're not familiar with Skinny Puppy, they are an industrial
>>> group (one of the original) with very dark sounds and lyrics.
>>
>> You haven't come across Throbbing Gristle then? :)
>
> I said *ONE* of the original.

OK :)

> Yes, I know Throbbing Gristle as well.
> And Cabaret Voltaire. In fact if you know
> where to scare up more Cabaret Voltaire,
> I'd love to know. A lot of their stuff is
> out of print. For example, the CD I have
> of Red Mecca is actually just a copy I made
> of the LP I have.

I've got Mix Up on vinyl and quite a few things on CD - they still seem
to be available in the UK. What are you short of?

>> I'd classify early Cabaret Voltaire and early Human League among
>> others as industrial too.
>
> Human League? HUMAN LEAGUE? Are you kidding?

I'm only really talking about the Dignity of Labour EP on Fast - I'm
quite prepared to concede that anything subsequent was nearly dark and
clangy enough to qualify :)

> Next you'll say Depeche Mode as well.

No I won't :)

--