Operation Iraqi Freedom

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 18:04:23 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> sorry, i don't understand arabic, so i don't know what is
> being asserted by that picture.  and i'm not exactly sure

Plenty more where that came from:
<http://www.aljazeera.net/news/arabic/2003/3/3-22-26.htm>

Notice that the (myth of) precision guided surgical strikes is nourished
by complete absence of undoctored imagery. You've never seen those burned
and suffocated Iraqis buried by the hundreds by American kids (a friend's
son commited suicide after Gulf War I after that harrowing experience, his
girlfriend soon after, and had almost finished herself).

> what it is i'm looking at; i'm not sure if that is due to
> an unconscious denial or a lack of context.  it would
> appear to be a figure with a shattered cranium, but there
> are aspects that make me wonder.

See your tax money at work.

<http://www.mnftiu.cc/mnftiu.cc/war22.html>