Operation Iraqi Freedom

Dan Brickley daniel.brickley@bristol.ac.uk
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 12:42:02 -0500

* Eugen Leitl <eugen@leitl.org> [2003-03-24 18:04+0100]

> Plenty more where that came from:
> <http://www.aljazeera.net/news/arabic/2003/3/3-22-26.htm>
>
> Notice that the (myth of) precision guided surgical strikes is nourished
> by complete absence of undoctored imagery. You've never seen those burned
> and suffocated Iraqis buried by the hundreds by American kids (a friend's
> son commited suicide after Gulf War I after that harrowing experience, his
> girlfriend soon after, and had almost finished herself).

The Guardian newspaper printed many previously unseen Gulf war photos
on Feb 14. I don't believe they're available online, unless others have
scanned them.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,894704,00.html
[[
This is war

The US-led attack on Iraq in 1991 was one of the worst-reported
conflicts in history. A system of media management kept the violent
deaths of some 40,000 people out of the public view. War
photographer Don McCullin explains the crucial role
photojournalists have in recording events
]]

There were a bunch more articles, which may be online but aren't readily
hyperlinked from the above.

Dan