Skinny Puppy lyrics

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:04:11 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Andy Armstrong wrote:

--]Since we're talking taxonomy how about Joy Division? Dark, edgy, clangy.
--]What criteria are we using for 'Industrial'?

Predead JD was edgey and had a nice bit to it, but there is a level of
whineboy that keeps it off my industrial list.  They are to industrial as
the Sandanista era Clash was to punk..yes a sort of but a differnt sort
of. They paved the way for the more Goth Indsutrial which Bauhuas runs
with and even Fields of the Neiphilhim take up much latter on

Of course follow that anology this makes New Order akin to BAD..only BAD
did not suck so bad at live shows.

BAD of course were the prototypical rave/electronic/sample/rock band.

And while JS did not die until recently, his post clash albums did sort of
go DOA. I love you Joe, but there it be.

-tomwsmf