Faith and TV dinners (was: DETOUR)

Russell Turpin deafbox@hotmail.com
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 21:47:43 +0000

Tomwhore:
>There are more things in heaven and earth, Turpin, Than are dreamt of in
>your philosophy.

Sure. But just because someone has dreamt of
something does not mean it is in heaven or
earth, and just because there is a lot of wild
stuff out there doesn't mean we should treat
flights of fancy as if they identified any of
what is there.

I never would have dreamt of evaporating black
holes OR lakes of hellfire for the fallen
angels. But I have enough imagination to read
about both, AND enough sense to realize that
the first has some reasoning and evidence
behind it while the second is just the fevered
dream of a prophet, which by chance of history
has caught the mass's attention.