Faith and TV dinners (was: DETOUR)

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:21:03 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Russell Turpin wrote:

--]Tomwhore:
--]>There are more things in heaven and earth, Turpin, Than are dreamt of in
--]>your philosophy.
--]
--]Sure. But just because someone has dreamt of
--]something does not mean it is in heaven or
--]earth, and just because there is a lot of wild
--]stuff out there doesn't mean we should treat
--]flights of fancy as if they identified any of
--]what is there.

There was a time not too many generations ago where what we are doing now
would be a flight of fancy good only for cheap pulp SF magazines.

What you dimiss out of hand today might be tomorrows dejourity.

"Dont be too sure of this techological wonder you have created, the power
to destory a planet is nothing when compared to the power of the force" DV

--]angels. But I have enough imagination to read
--]about both, AND enough sense to realize that
--]the first has some reasoning and evidence
--]behind it while the second is just the fevered
--]dream of a prophet, which by chance of history
--]has caught the mass's attention.

By Chance? Loaded satetment for a pragmatist.

Memes flow by many things, chance is one of them, and chance will topple
the best laid plans of pragmatists and madmen.

I think your reasoning is sound but your conclusions are a bit stark.

Bottom LIne, I think your filters are on a little too tight and the blood
loss is atrophying an elisuive ability.

-tomwsmf