Operation Iraqi Freedom

Gordon Mohr gojomo@usa.net
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 21:17:05 -0800

Joseph S Barrera writes:
> Gordon Mohr wrote:
> > Multiply that by hundreds of thousands: that's what the Baath
> > Multiply that again by hundreds of thousands: that's what the
> > Multiple that again by hundreds of thousands: that's what the
>
> Wait, I'm up past 10 to the fifteenth or so...
> that's a heck of a lot of Iraqis.

I meant each "that" to refer back to Harley's single casualty, so
the paragraphs should be summed in parallel, rather than multiplied
serially. I realized my ambiguity soon after hitting 'send'. :(

Baath wars and oppression have killed somewhere near 10^6th people
over the course of their reign. They're also the kind of regime
that would shoot for 10^7th, if given the opportunity.

- Gordon