24 hour party people

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:28:13 -0500 (EST)

Ill have to give this a look.

When the all night thing hit the shores in NYC years ago I though, "well
this looks like fun" and for a short time it was..then it was just the
sort of thing that reminded me why I hated disco.

Djs can spin wonders or simply spin empty thumpings. Crowd reaction is not
often towards moving the DJ to experiment so much as to maintain and
contain the thump thump thumpity same same sameity.

Likened often, much to the chagrin of many in tow, to the dweedle dweedle
blah blah that the Dead drone out for thier fans. Garcia may have been a
great guitar player , but listening to his music hides that fact.

Its the society of style, sameness and stupor over substance.  Its the
call of the masses for its regular feeding more so than it is the noruish
of the soul, which for me defines musical experiences.

Dance to it, yea, but it will take substance to move me.

"as loud as hell
a ringing bell
behind my smile
it shakes my teeth