Portland Protests

Tom tomwhore@slack.net
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:37:26 -0500 (EST)

I have got to say, portland has some dedicated protesters. Last week when
I was comparing the numbers of and areas effected by protesters Portland
had some of the better numbers.

They need to learn a few more leasons in media control though. Al
Sharptons they are not. (Who here was caught in the subway when Sharpy
would get folks to block the train doors, or the time he closed off the
Brooklyn bridge? Say what you will about the guy, he had some good
protesting skills.) The jostled a camera crew and got nasty with a
reporter to the point the coverage went form "well they have this right
and they are not hurting anyone" to "the violent protestors are storming
the streets in another round of harrasment and illegal action" in about 30
mins. Dumb dumb dumb protester. the Media is to be used by you, not the
other way around.

Supposedly they are going to be out again today in an attempt to close
downtown portland. INteresting.

I told my wife if little Ben and I get caught in the swell of a march we
just might join in...She has told me bail will be posted for one of us,
and its not me.

So if you dont hear from me this afternnon...:)-

peace love and underpantsing

-tomwsmf