Rights and fear.

Joseph S Barrera III joe@barrera.org
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:10:51 -0800

James Rogers wrote:
> It doesn't exist technically, but there are pragmatic constructions of it
> which are useful.  The implicit assumption that must be made for pragmatic
> constructions is that "rights" have a certain delineated scope in an open
> system, with the system only being "open" as a practical approximation.

Can you tell me what you mean by "open" and "closed"?
There are about 5000 meanings of each, and I can only
guess (probably incorrectly) at what you mean.

- Joe

(The complement of an open set is a closed set,
but some sets are both open and closed...
gee it's been a long time since I took point set tolpology :-)