[SPORK] The Sum of all Fears: Reaction of the Muslim "Street"

johnhall johnhall@isomedia.com
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:22:12 -0800

Before I knew much about Islam I noticed the advantages their
civilization seemed to have compared to Europe for a very long time.  I
took the claims of 'tolerance' at face value, which considering the
crimes of Christianity (Inquisition) was easy to do.  I still think I
might enjoy 1300 Bagdhad a lot more than anywhere in Europe in 1300.
With the exception of the Palestinians, I was relatively partial to
their heritage.  I was 100% on the side of the Muslims in the Balklands.

I know an awful lot more now.  As I learned more, my opinion rapidly
became negative.  I now consider it necessary for Western countries
(including Israel) to dust off concepts I'd have preferred to leave
buried.

> From: fork-admin@xent.com [mailto:fork-admin@xent.com] On Behalf Of
Joseph