"[Bush's] inarticulateness has become .. a national securitythreat for theUS"

johnhall johnhall@isomedia.com
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:28:07 -0800

> From: fork-admin@xent.com [mailto:fork-admin@xent.com] On Behalf Of
Eugen
> Leitl

> On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:
>
> > Jeff, you missed the key part of the phrase.
> > "No lasting effect."  That means that at the
>
> 2004 US deficit -- without the war -- is 307 G$. Wall Street say this
war
> has cost the market 1.3 T$ allready, and direct and followup costs
could
> run up to 1.9 T$.

1) I heard that in past Recessions the US deficit has usually hit 5% of
GNP.  Counting the war it is likely to be less than 4%.  France and
Germany are both bumping up against 3%, and it is only that good because
of the low military funding.

2) Paper losses, paper gains.