[SPORK] Something I REALLY want John Hall to Try To Understand

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 23:14:14 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Gordon Mohr wrote:

> I've asked this before of people who say "Saddam must go but
> military action isn't the way to do it," but I haven't received an

Saddam is irrelevant. The world as a whole is full of fucked up places.
Don't tell me everybody's been so bleeding heart about Iraqi's plight,
because I'm too young to die laughing yet. Apart from those places you've
been personally responsible for to become snafud and oughta to clean up
your toxic waste ere exiting the stage left it's just a random challenge
for chronic do-gooders. No one buys AmeriKKKa is a do-gooder, and it would
behoof one's credibility to clean up other augean stables first,
preferably those without lots of fossils buried underneath the sand, and
with an international mandate.

> answer.
>
> If we have an "obligation" to end his atrocities, but you reject

Obligation my ass.

> military action, what's the alternative, non-military plan for us
> to meet our obligation?

Kicking ass is okay, as long the majority of national bodies on this
planet agrees (if it doesn't, tough luck, buster). This "alliance" is a
sad joke.

> (Sanctions have been tried, leaving Saddam as comfortable as ever but
> the Iraqi people in misery.)

Right, it's all about the poor Iraqis. Our hearts so bleed for them, we'll
suffer reaming Bush henceforth, eternally.