[SPORK] Military Tactics that actualy work

JS Kelly jskelly@jskelly.com
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 16:06:36 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Tom wrote:

> Something the current crop of folks need to learn
>
> Preconflict...PR spin your opposition to be X times greater then they
> are. This over inflates thier confidence and lessens expectatiosn at home.
> If you think its going to take a month with 2k losses you PR spin it to go
> for 2 months with 4k losses. When you do come in less than the PR sping
> numbers you look good. This is often called Scotty's Rules for Project
> Estimation.

why are you giving the military pointers, tom? that's called -- er,
something like comforting the enemy ;)

> That the Fremen are just now being discused as possible problems is a bad
> bad sign not just of the PR spinworthiness of the militarty but thier
> central planning. You spin this stuff BEFORE you hit it in the field.

what? central planning? in our military? impossible!
central planning is a communist concept.
someone alert the president, quick!!! ;)

-jsk