[SPORK] Operation Piss Off The Planet...

Jeff Bone jbone@deepfile.com
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 00:37:24 -0600

....is proceeding exactly according to plan.  Two snips:

----

Quite the opposite of the expectation of Iraqi refugees pouring *out*
of Iraq, FOX News (know thy enemy) is reporting that busloads of Iraqi
ex-pats living in Jordan are *returning* to Iraq to fight for Iraq.  No
question:  Jordan's one of the most pro-Western nations in the region,
and the  sentiment on the street there is strongly anti-U.S. and
pro-Saddam.  Saddam is winning the credibility and legitimacy war;  we
were an also-ran even before we started, and we just keep making the
problem worse.

----

Also, not content to piss off everybody else, now we're working on our
best friend and ally in this:

	http://www.thescotsman.co.uk/international.cfm?id=367242003

> Anger over US plans for port
>
> TIM RIPLEY IN US CENTRAL COMMAND, QATAR
>
> BRITISH military commanders are resisting a US plan for the captured
> cargo port of Umm Qasr to be operated by an independent company based
> in Seattle.
>
> The UK troops who secured the port earlier this week are arguing that
> the task should go to Iraqis instead - and have already lined up a
> former Iraqi army colonel for the job.

...but of course we aren't going to give up the opportunity to toss
business at a crony company / major GOP campaign contributor.

jb