Nodding to Joe.

Adam Rifkin adam at xent.com
Fri May 16 17:11:52 PDT 2003

In

   http://www.xent.com/pipermail/fork/2003-May/020935.html

Joe wrote:
> And as far as I can tell, Adam doesn't read it at all.

Whenever I get time to.  Which is, unfortunately, rarely.
Now I know why, back in my grad school days, people told me
to defer getting a job as long as possible: it leaves a
person with little-to-no time for FoRKing.

> Which really is a shame.
> (Actually, the shame is that he never posts.)

That's not really a shame.  I don't really have anything to say.

(Heck, I don't even have a weblog.)

(Heck, I don't even have a web presence anymore now that
Caltech nuked my account.  They've removed all traces of me.
Did my being ABD invite their being embarrassed of me?
Did your being ABD invite CMU to be embarrassed of you?)

> I'm very seriously considering hijacking his FAQ
> and breathing some life into it.

Do it.

Do it The Web Way.

Copy it, change it, and put it "out there" on the Web for all to see.
I bet if you do that, Rohit will link to your FAQ instead.

> Like updating the membership list,
> ranting more about lamer anonymous posters, and maybe even
> removing the "google cache" info at the top.

Do it.  PLEASE do it.

> Adam, adam, adam...
> Is there anybody out there?
> Just nod if you can hear me
> Is there anyone at all?

I have become comfortably numb.

Seriously, I hope you and JBone and Russell don't mind my
listing you as developers on

   http://sourceforge.net/project/memberlist.php?group_id=66293

Makes me feel closer to you even though I don't get to post
on FoRK anymore because I spend so much time on my day job.

(One day I'll realize that, in the end, we all work for Amazon,
so I should just relax and make a cool Amazon Hack in mod_pubsub
using the very cool Amazon Web Services, to please my true master. :)

----

The first Matrix was flawless, except for the fact that it didn't work.
  -- paraphrasing "The Architect" in _The Matrix: Reloaded_