[FoRK] Ted Nelson email archive now available

Lawnun lawnun at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 10:58:05 PDT 2021

I came across this and it made me smile so much that I had to share it with
the wider group.

https://library.stanford.edu/blogs/special-collections-unbound/2021/06/ted-nelson-email-archive-now-available

20 (!) Or so years ago, Rohit managed to get Ted Nelson to come speak at a
conference -- I don't remember which one -- and to have dinner with a group
of us afterwards. I was in undergrad at the time at UCI, and was invited
along, despite knowing nothing of who Ted was, or his wider contributions
to computer science.

That meeting, and that dinner, still live in my memory to this day. Ted
introduced me to Xanadu, and to the larger ideas of how systems and
information could truly be linked and interconnected. It was mind-blowing
stuff back in the day, and I feel deeply privileged that Rohit let me tag
along.

Carey