F Troop Made Them Do It

Dr. Robert J. Harley harley at argote.ch
Mon Aug 11 01:34:29 PDT 2003

Bill Stoddard wrote:
>"DON'T FEED THE TROLLS"

I just saw a load of tendentious garbage not meeting the minimal
standards that I require in an actual

  "We did not wish to see the breakup of the Iraqi state. We would have
  been forced to occupy Baghdad and, in effect, rule Iraq. Unilaterally
  exceeding the U.N.'s mandate would have destroyed the precedent of
  international response to aggression we hoped to establish. Had we
  gone the invasion route, the U.S. could still be an occupying power in
  a bitterly hostile land."
  - George Bush (senior) and Brent Scowcroft.

  "We have a higher standard for presidential speeches than raw intelligence."
  - Condeleeza Rice.

  "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of
  thought which they seldom use."
  - Søren Kierkegaard