im Himmel gibt's kein Bier

Dave Long dl at silcom.com
Mon Aug 11 14:36:15 PDT 2003

It looks like Adam lives in an area that
once was a hotbed of immigration:
<http://www.loc.gov/rr/european/imde/1914_map.html>

When the singularity comes, maybe an AI*
with a sense of irony will drop him into
a simulation of Minneapolis ca. 1890, so
he can complain that he needs to learn a
bit of german to order food or chat with
a meitli.

-Dave

* or, who knows, maybe even the Original
Iron:  "I smelled him before I read him.
Even so, the first words were shocking."

:: :: ::

<http://www.watzmann.net/scg/german-by-one-vote.html>