im Himmel gibt's kein Bier

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Mon Aug 11 17:09:25 PDT 2003

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 03:36  PM, Dave Long wrote:

> It looks like Adam lives in an area that
> once was a hotbed of immigration:
> <http://www.loc.gov/rr/european/imde/1914_map.html>

Darn right, people from all over the place, German, Italian, Polish,
Irish, lots of Scandinavians of course. The secret there is that it was
alot of everyone.

California on the other hand is just millions and millions of Mexicans.
Same with florida. It's not an immigration wave, it's a movement of the
Mexican border northwards and for all practical purposes you ARE in
Mexico, must speak Spanish to get around, plenty of sub-minimum wage
jobs, etc.

Now, since people seem to take things the wrong way around here, I
don't have anything against Mexicans, I have something against ANYONE
who moves to a country and doesn't learn the native language, and who
just sneaks into that country for that matter.

California's real solution to it's mess it so just split into 2 states,
and let the southern part join Mexico.

- Adam L. Beberg - beberg at mithral.com
   http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/