Sobig returns

Jeffrey Kay jeff at k2.com
Tue Aug 19 14:37:06 PDT 2003

I'm sure many of you have seen this, but just in case -- the Sobig
e-mail virus returns.

http://news.com.com/2100-1002_3-5065494.html?tag=fd_top

Sadly this version is multi-threaded and grabs e-mail addresses from the
Windows address book _and_ the Internet cache.  That means that if your
e-mail address is on a web site and that web site is in the cache of an
infected machine, you are _screwed_.  I've been getting 100k e-mails all
day with this.  I haven't been keeping count but at this point I'm
getting more of these than I am of the usual spam.

jeffrey kay
weblog <k2.com> pgp key <www.k2.com/keys.htm> aim <jkayk2>
share files with me -- get shinkuro -- <www.shinkuro.com>

"first get your facts, then you can distort them at your leisure" --
mark twain
"if the person in the next lane at the stoplight rolls up the window and
locks the door, support their view of life by snarling at them" -- a
biker's guide to life
"if A equals success, then the formula is A equals X plus Y plus Z. X is
work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." -- albert einstein