SCO-duggery

Dr. Robert J. Harley harley at argote.ch
Wed Aug 20 00:33:32 PDT 2003

Robert S. Thau wrote:
>... and already ditched from the latest development versions of the
>Linux kernel not on legal grounds (which weren't known) [...]

Much as I would like to believe such an appealing assertion,
investigations (a.k.a. googling) appear to reveal that this was
discussed on LKML in late June as a likely (s)coprolite:
  http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/linux/linux-kernel/2003-24/1240.html

and that the code was removed from the 2.5 series source in early July:
    http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/linux-ia64/att-6120/sn-update-2.5-20030703.patch

Certainly, correlation does not imply causality, but my occam-a-tron
(TM) tends to demand evidence to the contrary in such egregious cases.

Regards,