Sobig Effect

Jeffrey Kay jeff at k2.com
Wed Aug 20 17:40:46 PDT 2003

Just in case anyone's interested --

Over the last 24 hours, I got hit with around 56 messages per hour
containing the Sobig virus.  With each message around 100k, every hour
approximately 5.6MB of traffic was occurring on my line, which means
that about 15kbps were consumed by this virus.  Since my line is
144kbps, that's a pretty significant overhead -- over 10%.

Assuming my math is correct ...

jeffrey kay
weblog <k2.com> pgp key <www.k2.com/keys.htm> aim <jkayk2>
share files with me -- get shinkuro -- <www.shinkuro.com>

"first get your facts, then you can distort them at your leisure" --
mark twain
"if the person in the next lane at the stoplight rolls up the window and
locks the door, support their view of life by snarling at them" -- a
biker's guide to life
"if A equals success, then the formula is A equals X plus Y plus Z. X is
work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." -- albert einstein