Sobig Effect

Jeffrey Kay jeff at k2.com
Wed Aug 20 18:56:06 PDT 2003

Probably true.  This one hurt me more than many others mostly because it
scanned the web cache for e-mail addresses.  www.k2.com is a pretty
heavily visited web site (for many reasons) and I'm sure it was sitting
in the web cache of some one who did have not virus protection
installed.

In the case of my system, I ended up putting in a procmail hack to fix
the problem.  It's still consuming bandwidth, but at least it's not
going into my e-mail clients.

jeffrey kay
weblog <k2.com> pgp key <www.k2.com/keys.htm> aim <jkayk2>
share files with me -- get shinkuro -- <www.shinkuro.com>

"first get your facts, then you can distort them at your leisure" --
mark twain
"if the person in the next lane at the stoplight rolls up the window and
locks the door, support their view of life by snarling at them" -- a
biker's guide to life
"if A equals success, then the formula is A equals X plus Y plus Z. X is
work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." -- albert einstein