blast from the past

Joe Barrera joebear at polymathy.org
Sat Aug 23 08:57:45 PDT 2003

Often, when I search for a quote to use as a sig,
I get my own post from FoRK... This time I found
this lovely rant. I guess I'm more effectively
medicated these days :-)

- Joe

P.S. I would now suggest the three to be
Rumsfeld, Cheney, and Bush.

http://www.xent.com/FoRK-archive/may97/0351.html

RE: I'm still pissed
Joe Barrera (joebar at MICROSOFT.com)
Tue, 10 Jun 1997 16:38:09 -0700

The planets must be aligned really badly today. I'm in peak fury (peak
pique?) today. I am *not* looking forward to my drive home. If you never
hear from me again it's probably because I tried driving between lanes
of traffic at 130mph...

To make things worse, I get this week's copy of MicroNews (internal
Microsoft paper), and on the back section where they usually quote
Thoreau or Ellen Key or whatever, this week they quote... Mao Zedong???
And in particular, the "let a hundred flowers bloom" bullshit? I mean,
what the fuck? Dante imagined Satan frozen in the center of hell,
eternally chewing (with his three heads) on Judas, Brutus, and Cassius.
But forget Judas et. al.; the three I'd pick would be Hitler, Stalin,
and Mao.

- Joe

"We've got a bunch of crippled loonies in power
Who want to treat us to a nuclear shower
I'd give my life for just a gun and an hour
You know I'd murder them out in the street"
* Robin Hitchcock (during the Reagan-Thatcher years), Dancing on
God's Thumb

"Well what is there nice to say about Leonid Brezhnev?
He was the jailer of his own people,
The slavemaster of Eastern Europe,
The butcher of Afghanistan,
I'm glad he's gone."
* James Baker (I think), quoted on Bongwater's Double Bummer